Testers use requirements as the basis of test cases, review them for testability, and often participate in general requirements reviews or inspections. Unfortunately, many testers have little knowledge or skills in requirements engineering. What level of quality and detail is realistic to expect in requirements documents? What does testability really mean? How can testers help improve requirements? These questions and more will be answered while helping the attendee to develop skills in requirements engineering. Requirements issues and solutions are illustrated with practical case studies, and hands-on classroom exercises in finding, specifying and evaluating requirements are conducted. Walk through the requirements process from a tester’s viewpoint to learn what you can should contribute to requirements quality.
- Introduction to requirements
- Documenting requirements and their acceptance criteria
- Requirements cards and rules sets
- Verification and validation of requirements
- Understand the importance of requirements
- Have an overview of the requirements process
- Know the most important rules for requirements
- Able to write requirements using natural language and templates
- Able to write acceptance criteria for requirements
- Understand the significance of requirements validation
- Able to participate in requirements reviews, e.g., inspection and walkthrough
This tutorial is largely a workshop whereby attendees learn through a number of exercises how to write and review requirements (user stories) including their acceptance criteria.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for all testers that are involved in writing, reviewing or using requirements and their acceptance criteria. The course is appropriate for anyone who wants an understanding of requirements engineering. The course addresses requirements engineering both from a the traditional sequential life cycle perspective as from an Agile iterative life cycle perspective.
Members (since 2021)
Members (since 2020 or earlier)
Non-Members | 189,39€
Members (since 2021) | 170,45€
Members (since 2020 or ealier) | 93,75€
Non-Members | 151,52€
Members (since 2021) | 136,36€
Members (since 2020 or ealier) | 75,00€
*To the above mentioned values, add VAT to the legal rate in force.